As eCommerce continues to grow and evolve, online retailers are looking for new and innovative ways to engage customers and increase sales.
Shoppable videos are an excellent way for eCommerce brands to showcase their products and increase sales. These videos allow viewers to click on products within the video to learn more about them or make a purchase.
In this article, we’ll discuss the key components of a good shoppable video, the process to create a shoppable video for your eCommerce store, and provide best practices for creating one.
What is a Shoppable Video in eCommerce?
Shoppable videos are essential for enhancing the customer experience, enabling the same enjoyable atmosphere of physical shopping to be replicated on digital platforms.
A shoppable video in eCommerce is a type of video that is designed to drive sales by allowing viewers to purchase products directly from the video. eCommerce retailers use shoppable videos to showcase their products in a more dynamic and compelling way, which can help to engage customers and increase sales.
Shoppable videos typically include interactive elements such as clickable links, hotspots, and calls-to-action, which allow viewers to browse and purchase products without leaving the video. This allows eCommerce retailers to offer a more immersive and convenient shopping experience for their customers, which can help to drive conversions and increase customer loyalty.
Benefits of Shoppable Videos for eCommerce Stores
Shoppable videos bring an immersive social experience to eCommerce sites, allowing video to become part of the online shopping experience. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Increased Sales: Shoppable videos can increase sales by allowing viewers to make a purchase directly from the video. This eliminates the need for the viewer to search for the product on the website, which can lead to lost sales.
- Better Engagement: Shoppable videos can increase engagement since viewers can interact with the products within the video. This can lead to a longer viewing time and a better understanding of the product.
- Improved Customer Experience: Shoppable videos can improve the customer experience by making it easier for customers to find and purchase products. This can lead to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty.
The Process to Create Shoppable Videos for eCommerce Stores
The process of creating a shoppable video for eCommerce stores includes pre-production, production, post-production, and distribution and marketing.
A. Defining your goals and target audience
Before you start creating a shoppable video for eCommerce, it’s important to define your goals and target audience. What do you want to achieve with your shoppable video? Is it to showcase a new product line, increase sales, or simply enhance the customer shopping experience? Once you’ve defined your goals, think about your target audience. Who are they, and what are their interests and needs? Knowing your audience will help you create a video that resonates with them and drives engagement.
B. Choosing a product or products to feature
Next, you’ll need to choose a product or products to feature in your shoppable video. This could be a new product line, a best-selling item, or a product that you’re looking to promote. Keep in mind that the product you choose should be visually compelling and easy to showcase in a video.
C. Planning the video shoot, including location, talent, and equipment
Once you’ve chosen your product, it’s time to plan the video shoot. This includes choosing a location that complements your product, hiring talent if necessary, and selecting the right equipment to capture high-quality footage. Brands can create shoppable videos featuring their store associates to build product confidence and provide an engaging and personal shopping experience. You may also want to consider creating a storyboard or shot list to ensure that you capture all of the footage you need.
D. Scripting the video and planning the shot list
Scripting your video and planning the shot list is an essential step in the pre-production process. Your script should be concise and engaging, and should highlight the key features and benefits of your product. Your shot list should include a variety of shots, including close-ups of the product and shots of the product in use.
A. Shooting the video
Once you’ve planned your video shoot, it’s time to start filming. Be sure to follow your shot list and script, and take the time to capture high-quality footage that showcases your product in the best possible light.
B. Tips for creating engaging content that highlights your product
When creating a shoppable video, it’s important to create engaging content that highlights your product. Be sure to showcase the key features and benefits of your product, and consider using creative shots and angles to make your product stand out.
C. Tips for creating a seamless shopping experience
To create a seamless shopping experience for your customers, consider incorporating interactive elements into your video, such as clickable links and calls-to-action. Be sure to make it easy for customers to purchase products directly from the video, and avoid creating any unnecessary barriers to purchase.
A. Editing the video
Once you’ve captured all of the footage you need, it’s time to edit the video. This includes selecting the best footage, adding transitions and music, and ensuring that the video is polished and professional.
B. Adding interactive elements to the video to make it shoppable
To make your video shoppable, you’ll need to add interactive elements such as clickable links and calls-to-action. These elements will allow viewers to purchase products directly from the video, enhancing the shopping experience and driving conversions.
C. Incorporating calls-to-action
In addition to adding interactive elements, it’s important to incorporate clear calls-to-action into your video. This will encourage viewers to take action and make a purchase, increasing the chances of a conversion.
Key Components of a Good Shoppable Video
When creating a shoppable video, it’s important to keep your audience in mind. Every element of the video should be tailored to them, from the script and visuals to the product selection. This will ensure that viewers are engaged and that they can easily find the items they are interested in purchasing. Additionally, make sure to use high-quality images and videos so that viewers have a positive experience with your brand.
- Storytelling: A good shoppable video should tell a story that engages the viewer. It should be visually appealing and capture the viewer’s attention from the start. The story should be relevant to the product being sold and highlight its features and benefits.
- Product Placement: The products being sold should be prominently featured in the video. They should be shown in use or in a way that highlights their unique features. The products should also be clickable, allowing viewers to learn more or make a purchase.
- Clear Call-to-Action: A shoppable video should have a clear call-to-action that encourages viewers to make a purchase. This could be a button that says “Buy Now” or “Learn More.” The call-to-action should be prominently displayed and easy to click.
- Mobile-Friendly: Shoppable videos should be optimized for mobile devices since most people watch videos on their phones. The video should be easy to view on a small screen and the clickable products should be easy to select.
Since 2021, The Fresh Market and Firework have been working together to enable the grocer’s digital transformation initiative, leveraging the video commerce solution to create shoppable videos. This collaboration has resulted in rapid double-digit growth in key performance indicators, such as higher conversion and click-through rates.
Tips for Making Your Shoppable Video Stand Out from the Crowd
When creating a shoppable video, it’s important to make sure it stands out from the crowd. Here are some tips to help you create an engaging and successful shoppable video:
- Use high-quality visuals: Make sure to use high-resolution images and videos that capture the viewer’s attention. This will help ensure that viewers have a positive experience with your brand.
- Keep it short and sweet: Shoppable videos should be concise and to the point. Try to keep the video under one minute, as this is the optimal length for online videos. Most viewers have a short attention span, so it’s important to capture their attention quickly and keep them engaged.
- Personalize it: Personalize your shoppable video by adding a human touch or customizing it for different audiences. This can help to increase engagement and make your video more memorable.
- Focus on benefits: Highlight the features and benefits of your products so that viewers understand why they should purchase them.
- Include Product Reviews: Including product reviews in the video can help to build trust with the viewer and encourage them to make a purchase.
- Measure results: Track how well your shoppable video is performing so that you can optimize it for better results in the future.
- Test and Optimize: It’s important to test and optimize the shoppable video to ensure that it’s effective. This could involve testing different call-to-actions, product placements, or video lengths.
In conclusion, shoppable videos are an excellent way for eCommerce brands to increase sales and improve the customer experience. By following the key components and best practices outlined in this article, you can create a shoppable video that engages viewers and drives sales.
Frequently Asked Questions