Firework integration for Salesforce Commerce Cloud is quick and easy thanks to the Firework SFCC Cartridge.
The integration process for this cartridge involves the deployment of a generic cartridge, combined with minor modification of templates inside the storefront code, for the cartridge to be fully functional. This eliminates any dependency on 3rd-party products and solutions.
The following steps will walk you, step-by-step, through the process of setting up the Firework SFCC Cartridge within your Salesforce Commerce Cloud backend.
A detailed cartridge installation guide can be found here.
Step 1: Download the Cartridge Package from Git Repository.
Step 2: Configure Cartridge Paths to ensure that the Firework Cartridges are loaded.
- Go to Administration > Sites > Manage Sites > YourSite > Settings and add the Cartridges that include: int_firework_pd:
- In Administration > Sites > Manage Sites > Business Manager > Settings, add the Cartridges that include: bm_firework_pd:bm_firework_dashboard:
Step 3: Install the following 3 cartridges in the SFCC cartridges directory
All 3 cartridges can be found in the ZIP file.
Step 4: Upload the following files from the metadata folder:
- Navigate and upload the file to Administration > Site Development > Import & Export > Import & Export Files > Upload > Choose File Upload
- Import the metadata by navigating to Administration > Site Development > Import & Export > Metadata > Import > Select the uploaded file > Click Next
- To upload services and jobs, upload the following files from the metadata folder:
- To upload the file, navigate to Administration > Operations > Import & Export Files
- Import the Services file by navigating to Administration > Operation > Services > Import > Select the uploaded file (firework-sfcc-services.xml) > Click Next > Import
- Import the Jobs file by navigating to Administration > Operation > Jobs > Import > Select the uploaded file (firework-job.xml) > Click Next > Import
Step 5: To enable the Firework cartridge…
- Navigate to Administration > Organization Roles & Permissions > Administrator > Business Manager Modules
- Select the site or organization for which you want to enable the Firework Cartridge
Step 6: Configure the API
- Setup API client on demandware Account Manager by logging in to Demandware Account Manager and navigating to API Client > Add API Client > Setup Display Name, Password, and Select Your Organization > Roles > Select your Production / Sandbox Instance for Commerce Cloud Developer Experience and Salesforce Commerce API
- Default Scopes
- Allowed Scopes
- Redirect URLs
- To get the Your_admin_RedirectURL, navigate to Select Site, Merchant Tools > Manage Firework > Firework Dashboard
- Token Endpoint Auth Method: private_key_jwt
- Access Token Format: JWT
- Once you click Save, it will generate the API Client ID. You will need to remember the password set during Client Registration; it will be needed for the next steps
Step 7: To setup Site preference, select Store and navigate to Merchant Tools > Site Preferences > Custom Site Preference Groups > fireworkDashboardConfig
|Firework API EndPoint URL||https://fireworktv.com|
|Firework Iframe URL||https://business.firework.com|
|Currency||Your Store Currency|
|Site Title||Your Store Title|
|Graphql Endpoint URL||https://fireworktv.com/graphiql|
|Business Unique Id||Your Store Storefront URL|
|Client Name||Salesforce Commerce Cloud|
|Contact Email||Your Store Contact Email|
Step 8: To configure the Firework API, navigate to Select Site Merchant Tools > Manage Firework > Firework Dashboard
- The ClientID and Password obtained from Step 6 will be entered here
- To find a Shortcode and Organization ID, navigate to Administration > Site Development > Salesforce Commerce API Settings
- For the Tenant ID, look at the first part of the Redirect URL, before .sandbox
- In the example above, zyei-002 is the ID, so the Tenant ID becomes zyei_002
Step 9: Load the Firework Dashboard by navigating to Merchant Tools > Manage Firework > Firework Dashboard
- On the Salesforce Product Feed / Import page, click Import to get a list of all products from your Salesforce store
- Select the products you’d like to import directly from your Salesforce store to the Firework business store
Step 10: To add the Firework Widget to the Storefront, navigate to Merchant Tools > Content > Page Designer
- Select the Page to which you want to add the widget
- Select the Layout from Firework Components
- Select the Channel List and Playlist from the widget settings
- After clicking on Save & Close, the widget will be added to the page
Note: The Firework widgets are asynchronous that will gracefully degrade and not block any page elements from loading.